Pastor’s Discretionary Fund
“Many hands make for light work”
Every year, IPC takes a special collection for local missions known as the Pastoral Discretionary Fund.
This money is set aside for use by the Pastor for ministry representing the congregation. This allows the Pastor (and IPC) to:
- Provide assistance to members and non-members who seek help from the congregation: The PDF becomes the place where we can respond to persons in need. One current use of our funds is to assist a member who is in prison.
- Have a larger impact than if individuals attempted to respond alone: Ministries are possible that could not be accomplished by an individual gift.
- Verify that funds are going where they are intended and not misdirected: Focusing our assistance through the PDF ensures there is no fraud.
- Ensure that EVERY IPC youth will have access to all programs and events: No IPC youth should ever be left behind due to program costs. The PDF ensures that every youth can participate in every activity.
- Deal with funding needs that simply don’t fit anywhere else and allowing for spontaneous, creative ministries.
See also: How to donate?